Friday, November 26, 2010

So In Love

Here is the finished wall hanging I made for my recently engaged brother and his fiancee.
And I'm happy to report that they loved it.
I used a page out of a grungeboard book for the base and inked it with tumbled glass, broken china & brushed corduroy. Then I used the negative of a Tim Holtz mask for the broken china swirl behind the photo.
The grungeboard wings were inked with wild honey, rusty hinge & vintage photo.
The Maya Road & grunge words were inked with aged mahogany, painted with rick candy distress & reinked with brushed cordury.
The metal charms were courtesy of my friend Muffy. I filled the dangly hearts with UTEE and dropped the stamped phrase into it before it fully set. (The picture for that will be in another post because my phone won't publish two photos this time.)
And it was all glued together with 3in1 glue.
Enjoy!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

2 comments:

  1. AMY...what a wonderful gift for his brother...I'm sure it will become a cherished piece!!

    thanks bunches for playing along with Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge Blog and all the Design Teamies~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, this is a beautiful wall hanging, and such a thoughtful gift for you brother and his finance'-- I'm sure they're going to treasure it! Your use of the grungeboard and inks is great, and the embellishments are lovely and romantic without being overly girly. Thanks so much for sharing it at the CCC!

    ReplyDelete